Saturday, July 23, 2011

My heart is full and my door is always open.

I have a Livejournal and a Dreamwidth accounts. I use them as diaries mostly, putting things that I wouldn't want to share with the world there and only allow close friends to read them. If you go to my LJ, you'll see lots of short stories. That's it.
My husband writes for the Examiner and I didn't want to join him because I had to use my real name.
Not that I have anything to be ashamed of, I just don't feel the need to stand up in this forum where anyone can read what you write. I just didn't want to wear my heart on my sleeve or unload it's contents on an electronic page and post it up. There is a certain bravery, beauty that comes with standing up and letting people see you for who you are.
But me? I'm a chicken.
My SOs are public. Not so much public personas but they themselves are out on the nets, searchable and trackable. Our lifestyle is different from the norm, our family not like the ones in the neighborhood around us. They don't mind being exposed. I hide.
Is it because I worry what people think? Maybe. I half wonder if it's because I see myself and my work as nothing really important. Maybe it's because I don't want the hate.
I'm still on the fence about this. I think I would use this to write essays on things that bounce around in my head  and maybe use this as a place to write about writing. Or I may delete this whole thing later. Who knows?
Listening to the Killers' "Read My Mind". One line sticks out from the rest for me: I don't shine if you don't shine.
Maybe that's what stops me in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment